A windy Festival Wedding at Delamere Cherry Orchard Lake
Yesterday will go down as one the most windy days I’ve ever worked as a wedding photographer! But the wind couldn’t distract from a brilliant wedding filled with music, dancing, laughter, singing, dancing, food and did I mention dancing, for a music festival style wedding at (a new venue for me) Cheshire’s Delamere Cherry Orchard Lake.
When I walked into Jade’s parent’s home yesterday morning in windy Widnes, and Jade greeted me like an old friend, I knew I was in for a treat of a day. Having shot Jade and Jono’s engagement session back in February (link here very soon) although time has FLOWN BY (seriously, how is it August already?!), I had forgotten how fond of this pair I was and that all came flooding back within seconds!
A special mention for Jade’s stunning boho chic Rembo Styling wedding dress – it was all kinds of gorgeous!!
These love birds have been together nine years after meeting at V Festival at Weston Park – which if you believe in fate or weird connections bringing people together – is literally on my door step, about a 5 minute drive from Shifnal. And for them it turned out they lived just a few miles apart from each other in Liverpool.
Both have a mutual love for cooking, music, dancing, socialising and festivals and this all shined through yesterday at their music festival style wedding; check out the photos below!
At Delamere Cherry Ochard Lake there’s a path which follows around the lake and made for perfect relaxed wedding portraits of the couple; as it is lined with trees it sheltered us from the crazy wind for 30 mins!
One of the stand out parts of the day for me was when Jade stepped up for her speech and belted out Lady Gaga’s ‘Is That Alright?’ from the recent A Star Is Born – the marquee ERUPTED at the end, and I don’t think there was a dry eye in the place. Especially Jono for who it was dedicated and a total surprise.
Here’s a few wedding planning pointers from the bride and groom;
- Which wedding blog, or printed magazines, did you use to help plan your wedding? Wedding Wire, Hitched, One Fab Day
- Share your wedding inspiration/theme for the day: Music Festival
- Share why you selected your venue, did you look at many? Spent a lot of time in Delamere as kids, wanted a festival theme, loved the lake at the venue.
- What advice would you share with future couples planning their big day: Get the major items booked as early as possible, it relieves stress.
- What was your favourite part of the planning process? Venue hunting.
- What were your worries, if any, about the day? All suppliers turning up and everything running to plan.
- What are you both most looking forward to on the day? All of it.
- Have you booked a honeymoon? If so, where and why did you pick that place? Caribbean Cruise and Cancun, never been.
Wishing Jade and Jono an AMAZING honeymoon, here’s your festival wedding preview!! Enjoy!
Wedding Day Rockstars:
Wedding Dress Designer: Rembo Styling
Wedding Dress Shop: Lace & Co Bridal Boutique
Hair Jewellery: Sophia Vincent Design
Bridal Shoes Designer: Pink Boutique
Bridesmaid’s Dresses: Chi Chi London
Bridesmaid’s shoes: Matalan
Men’s Suits: Marc Darcy
Hair Stylist: Coral Tickle
Make Up Artist: Leah Craven and Melonie Rose
Camper Van: Chase The Sun VW
Catering: The Great British Chip Shop
Florist: Sophia Vincent Design
Wedding Rings: Fraser Hart
>> BOHO WEDDINGS BLOG FEATURED THIS WEDDING <<