Shropshire Farm Marquee Wedding
Relaxed Shropshire Wedding
On Saturday I was treated to capturing the Shropshire wedding of Sophie and Richard, it was a massive, but relaxed, wedding with guests travelling from all over the world.
Sophie was a super relaxed bride, getting ready with her parents and two bridesmaids at her parent’s Shropshire farm. While Richard played golf and had lunch at the Mytton and Mermaid near Shrewsbury before heading to the church for the ceremony.
When I arrived Sophie’s Dad was making a swing in the garden attached to the apple tree, something Sophie would love to do as a child, and he wanted a photo of her in her wedding dress doing the same.
The reception marquee was decorated with a rustic feel and with a little nod to Sophie’s love of horses, the table napkins had little horse shoes as the ties and each table was named after a horse.
With a rainy start to the day, the sun came out bringing some wind along with it but giving all the guests the opportunity to relax and enjoy the canapés with the Shropshire hills as a glorious backdrop.
After a feast of burgers, the party started with The Review singing some dance floor classic and getting the dancing started!
Annnnnd there was a small 5 minute window where the sun popped out through the clouds and we were able to grab some sunset shots! The dream!
When I first met Sophie and Richard in Shrewsbury before they booked me for their wedding day, they both wanted a relaxed and documentary feel to their photography, with emphasis on candids of the guests rather than groups and couple photos.
Wedding Day advice from the happy couple:
- Share your wedding inspiration/theme for the day: We just wanted a relaxed day that represented both of us, so minimal but rustic decorations
- Share why you selected your venue, did you look at many? We wanted our wedding to be at home
- What is your first dance song? Coldplay – Yellow
- What advice would you share with future couples planning their big day? When its all getting a bit much remember why you’re doing it and try to enjoy it as much as you can!
- What were your worries, if any, about the day? The main worry for both of us was just making sure that everyone had a fabulous day and enjoyed themselves.
- What are you both most looking forward to on the day? Having a great party with all our friends and family.
- Have you booked a honeymoon? If so, where and why did you pick that place? Yes, we are going to Sri Lanka over Christmas and New Year. We wanted somewhere we could travel around and experience a variety of things. Sri Lanka gives time on the beach, time in the mountains along with the potential for surfing and safari.
Take a look at their wedding day preview below!
Wedding Day Suppliers:
Wedding Dress Shop: Elizabeth Louise Bridal Boutique
Veil: Borrowed – sister in law
Bridal Shoes Designer / where bought from: Rainbow Club
Bridesmaid’s Dresses: Brand and/or Shop purchased from: Oasis
Hair Stylist: Chloe Taylor
Band/DJ: The Review
Catering: Jenny’s Catering
Florist: Charlottes Flowers
Confetti: Shropshire Petals
Wedding Rings: County Goldsmiths, Shrewsbury
Second Shooter: Dani Salmon Photography
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
OUR LATEST WORK
Elegant & Stylish Warwickshire Wedding The thing I love most about Charlotte and Eddie, my latest bride and groom, is their ability to make each other laugh so much. I mean seriously, looking through Saturday's images from their GORGEOUS wedding at Hampton Manor,...
A windy Festival Wedding at Delamere Cherry Orchard Lake Yesterday will go down as one the most windy days I've ever had working at a wedding! But the wind couldn't distract from a brilliant wedding filled with music, dancing, laughter, singing, dancing, food and did...