Stunning Wedding at a Shropshire Country House Venue
This pair had me at “Davenport House.” When Neerali and Ketan contacted me about their Shropshire Davenport House wedding I was so excited! Hearing all their plans for the day, I just knew I wanted to be there…even if they didn’t book me as their wedding photographer, I marked the date in the calendar and thought I’d just casually drop by and crash the wedding!
Over the phone, they filled me in about their plans for an English themed day at Davenport House, and how all the guests; including family and bridal party would not know anything about the day, not even the venue! They had plans for summer garden games, English afternoon tea with scones (jam or cream first?) and sandwiches, including Indian cheese pastries, a gin bar and later in the evening a bhangra acoustic due band.
Props to them both as they kept everything a total surprise and all their family and friends were just lovely, and enjoying every moment. Ketan’s mum told me how happy she was to be in such a gorgeous venue in Shropshire for a wedding, and that she’d never been anywhere so beautiful, she especially loved seeing the cows in the field!
And joining the Laura May Photography team soon is Neerali’s Dad who I had a great conversation with about the importance of photography and capturing memories as at some point, it’s all we have left! So to make sure we all make amazing memories, and capture them too. He starts as my salesman soon 😉
After shooting at Davenport House with a fab team for a styled shoot recently – I really wanted to photograph a real wedding there and I am just so pleased it was this wedding! Thanks so much for having me on your amazing wedding day. I wish you a wonderful Indian wedding in September <3
Aaaaannndddd I can finally now share Neerali’s and Ketan’s London engagement shoot which I couldn’t share incase any of the guests found it…and they created a gorgeous Guest Book with the images for the wedding day. They picked a place which would be in total contrast to the Davenport House venue. <Link here very soon!>
Here’s some wise words from the couple:
- Share your wedding inspiration/theme for the day: We wanted to have a destination feel without getting on a flight. The idea of having a surprise venue came to me while driving to work. Found davenport house on hitched.com
- Share why you selected your venue, did you look at many? I shortlisted 3 exclusive venues. Found that Davenport House worked out best logistically. I’ve been to a wedding at Ramada Wolverhampton so thought it was a perfect decoy venue. We went to see Davenport and fell in love as soon as we drove through the gates.
- Which songs did you select to use across the day, do they have a special meaning to you both? I love John Legend as Ketan was the one who introduced me to his music. This song is to be sung while signing the register.
- What advice would you share with future couples planning their big day: Weddings are very stressful but also one of the best experiences. Always communicate with the groom as he is the one who might not understand detail but he will help you calm down and see sense! If he’s not supportive then why are you getting married?!
- What was your favourite part of the planning process? Everything from choosing the dress, to spending every spare moment on pintrest and just being creative.
- What were your worries, if any, about the day? Making sure the make up artist gets to the venue on time as she’s getting another bride ready in the early morning!
- What are you both most looking forward to on the day? Aside from becoming husband and wife and seeing Ketan’s face when he first sees me, we’re also looking forward to seeing how our guests enjoyed our surprise venue.
- Have you booked a honeymoon? If so, where and why did you pick that place? Not yet! we have our Indian wedding in September so will be going after that wedding.
Check out the preview below.
Veil/Hair Jewellery: https://www.weddingworkshop.co.uk
Second Shooter: www.indielove.co.uk
Bridesmaids Dresses: www.oasis-stores.com
Daytime Music: www.bendrummondmusic.co.uk
Evening Music: The Acoustic Bhangra Duo
Men’s suits: Hugo Boss
WEDDING SUTRA WEDDING BLOG FEATURED THIS WEDDING!